1 15-oz. can black beans, drained & rinsed
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c. (about 4-5 large) egg whites
1/3 c. unsweetened applesauce (I used regular Cinnamon applesauce because that is what I had in my pantry)
1/3 c. canned pure pumpkin (I used fresh from my freezer)
1/4 c. Truvia spoonable calorie-free sweetener
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. vanilla extract
1/4 t. salt
3 T. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. line a 9" round cake pan with foil and generously spray with nonstick spray.
- Place all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a food processor. Puree until completely smooth and uniform.
- Fold in 1 T. chocolate chips (hmm...this could be why mine wasn't sweet enough. I dumped 2 T. before I looked back at my recipe.)
- Spread mixture into the baking pan and smooth out the top.
- Evenly distribute the remaining chocolate chips over the top and lightly press into the batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35-40 minutes. I used convection bake for about 28 minutes.
- Let cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Makes 8 servings. Top with fresh fruit, compote, whipped cream--use your imagination.
- Refrigerate leftover cake. I will be serving mine chilled. I think it will taste better.
SOURCE: Hungry Girl via Facebook.