Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pumpkin Cupcakes


I had had this recipe written on a random sheet of paper for a few months (okay-actually more like a year). Finally decided to try it out (they are yummy!). Worked great-for the cupcake portion. Under the "frosting" label I wrote "see web site for more". That could work great too-if you wrote down the website. Which I didn't do. I'm sure I was thinking it wouldn't take a whole year for me to get around to trying out the recipe.

Honestly though I liked them without the frosting. So I'd just as soon call it a muffin (since I have no frosting) but you can call it whatever you want.

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp coarse salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp allspice
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
7.5 ounces pureed pumpkin

1-Preheat oven to 350.
2-Line or grease muffin tins.
3-Whisk dry ingredients together in one bowl.
4-In another bowl mix sugars, butter and eggs.
5-Add the pumpkin puree to the sugar mixture and mix.
6-Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix until blended.
7-Fill muffin cups half-way.
8-Bake for 20-25 minutes.

Source: unfortunately unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment