Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Spinach Salad

After all of the holiday treats I have been eating, I thought I probably should throw in a salad..or 3! This spinach salad was served at our Relief Society Enrichment Night (women's group at church) with lasagna and garlic buttered french bread. It was really delicous! I changed the recipe to fit our likes and thought I'd share it with ya'll! The recipe calls for oil, but was substituted with water! So refreshing!

SALAD:
1 pkg. of spinach
1 pkg of iceburg garden salad
1 small red onion, 1tsp grated for dressing and slice the rest
1/2 lb. any white cheese
1/2 lb. bacon crumbled

DRESSING:
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup vinegar
1/2 cup oil OR 1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. grated red onion
1/2 tsp. dry mustard

Dump all of the salad packages into a huge bowl. Slice red onion over top and sprinkle cheese and bacon over top. Toss with dressing..really well!

4 comments:

  1. I love spinach and can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Niki, The spinach salad looks delicious! I have a similar recipe that is pretty much a staple around here. Also I just wanted to say sorry I wasn't able to answer your question about the Water Keepers sooner for your daughter (I'm excited she wanted to read it!) Book 2 will definitely explain a lot, LOT more! If you ever have questions, please feel free to email me directly at christie.d.anderson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christie! Thanks for checking out our recipe blog! And, Yay! for book 2! :) thanks for the email info!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just a note about the water ingredient in the dressing...go easy on it because it can make your salad soggy if you add to much.

    ReplyDelete