Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Turkey Chili

We are trying the Insanity Meal Plan at our house.  My daughter got the 60-Day Workout plan for Christmas so I agreed to make the food and we would all eat it.  One of the meals calls for White Chili so I thought I would just make some.  Well the recipe I clipped from a magazine the other day looked really good but I had some ground white meat turkey I had to cook today, so I substituted that for the shredded white chicken.  Actually, I just ended up substituting on quite a few things.  It ended up not being white chili at all but it is DELISH!


Ingredients:
1 cup onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 pound ground white meat turkey, browned
2 (14.5-oz.) cans chicken broth
1 (4.5-oz.) can chopped green chilies
1 pkg. (1.75 oz.) chili seasoning mix
2 (19.5-oz.) cans frijoles charros
1 (16 oz.) can kidney beans
1/2 can (14.5-oz.) refried pinto beans

Desired Toppings:  chopped fresh avocado, sour cream, shredded Monterey Jack Cheese.

1.  Saute onion and garlic in olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until onion is tender.

2.   Stir in the rest of the ingredients.  Heat to a boil, stirring often; cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.  Serve with desired toppings.

TIP--I served this with a salad consisting of arugula, baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and sliced hard-boiled egg whites and dressed with red wine vinegar and olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment