Thursday, May 30, 2013

Greek Style Vinaigrette

 I originally found this recipe about 6 years ago, here.
I was pregnant at the time and had been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Therefore, I eliminated the orzo and just made the salad. Now, it has become one of my favorite dressings. I make a batch and use it throughout the week. I love to use spinach, feta, kalamata olives and cucumber. You can also add tomatoes, artichoke hearts, hearts of palm, or whatever suits your fancy. I also add chicken to make it a meal.


Greek Style Vinaigrette
3 T. lemon juice
1 T. red wine vinegar
2 T. honey
1/2 t. oregano
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 t. kosher salt
1/4 t. freshly cracked black pepper
1 t. lemon zest (optional-but I always add it-so yummy)
1/3 c. olive oil

Combine first eight ingredients in bowl or mason jar. Add oil and emulsify! Shake before using because the honey settles on the bottom if not fully incorporated.

No comments:

Post a Comment