Friday, June 7, 2013

Mayonnaise Chocolate Cake


I know, I know, the picture doesn't really show the deliciousness of the cake....but it does show the most creative birthday cake I have ever made (thanks to Julie Finlayson)!  This is my go to cake recipe.  It is always yummy and it is really easy.

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. salt (I usually do a little less)
1 tsp. baking soda

Mix above ingredients together then add:

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup hot water
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix together well and bake in a greased and floured 9X13 pan at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.  I often times (as in the above cake) will 1 1/2 times the recipe and bake it as a sheet cake, when doing this the baking time will decrease by about 5 minutes.

Source: My husband's grandma Mary Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment