Friday, July 19, 2013

Sweet Tomatillo Dressing


This is a recipe I got from my cousin, who got it from Pinterest.  The recipe is for chicken enchiladas of sorts but we found that we like the sauce so much that we have it on had for salad, quesadillas, beans, rice, and veggies.  It kind of is our new ranch.  In her recipe she just called it the sauce, but I will name it Sweet Tomatillo Dressing.  You can find the original recipe here:
http://ourrecipeclub.blogspot.com/2011/01/callis-burrito-chicken-enchiladas.html?m=1

1 Cup Salsa Verde
1 pkg Buttermilk Ranch (I just use ranch seasonings so I can avoid MSG)
1/3 cup fresh Cilantro (I add a bit more because I love it)
1/3 cup Sour Cream
1/3 cup Mayonnaise
1 tsp mince Garlic
1/2 tsp coarse Salt
1 Tbsp fresh Lime Juice (I usually to help with the flavor and to maintain freshness, probably a whole lime)
1/4 tsp Cumin
1/4 cup Sugar (I use honey and it works great but honey is sweeter so I just add it to taste)

Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment