Monday, October 21, 2013

Brown Sugar Muffins

My children ask for these muffins more than any other I make! They are DELICIOUS! 


Ingredients: 

½ cup oil
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg (I have used powdered eggs and it turns out great! 1 TBSP Egg Powder plus 2 TBSP water)
2 cups flour (we think whole wheat flour taste the best in this recipe, but white flour is good too)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk (you can stir in a few TBSP milk powder with the flour and then add 1 cup water)
1 tsp baking soda

Instructions:

1. Stir oil, egg, vanilla, milk and brown sugar together in a bowl. 

2. Then stir in dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda.) 

3. Spray muffin tins with non stick spray or use cupcake liners. Fill 12 muffin cups with the batter.

4, Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until center of muffin is done. Better grab one, because they disappear quickly!

Notes: The food storage substitutions turn out really well. And the whole wheat flour gives it a great texture and density that we all love. My family does not love it when I make oatmeal for breakfast, but when I have brown sugar muffins to go with it, they do not complain!

Source: Original recipe from my sister-in-law Margo Coombs

No comments:

Post a Comment