Friday, February 14, 2014

Crock Pot Chicken


This is sooooo easy!  It always comes out moist and delicious! 

Rinse off a whole chicken (I like free range organically fed)
Put in the Crockpot (do not add any water unless the chicken is frozen then add 1 cup of water)
Season with Salt, Pepper, Sage, Parsley, and Thyme
Cook on High for 4-5 hours or Low for 6-8 Hours.
Serve with your favorite sides.

Another reason I love this is because I love bone broth!  After I have taken as much meat off the bones that I can I put the bones back in the crockpot, add 3 quarts of water, turn on low, and let cook 12 to 24 hours (you can also add onions, celery, etc.).  I then strain the bones out and refrigerate or freeze my broth for the next time I make soup.   I really believe that the bone broth has been a HUGE reason my children haven't gotten sick this winter.  If you get a chance look up the benefits of bone broth and you will be amazed.



No comments:

Post a Comment