Thursday, June 5, 2014

Deviled Eggs




It's summer--time for picnics and simple foods.  One of our family-favorite dishes is Deviled Eggs--great for picnics with the family or covered dish dinners at church or reunions.  My recipe just comes together as I am making it, but  this is how it usually ends up:


Ingredients:
Hard-boiled eggs, peeled (however many you want to have)
Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise 
Prepared mustard (yellow, Dijon, spicy brown, etc.)
Dill weed
Salt
Pepper
Paprika, optional--sometimes I want it, sometimes I don't


1.  Slice your hard-boiled eggs lengthwise.

2.  Carefully pop out the yolks and place them in a small bowl.   Set the "whites" aside.

3.   Mash the yolks until crumbly--today I used a pastry blender and it worked perfectly.  Goodbye fork!   Add the rest of the ingredients, except paprika, according to taste (you could just skip mashing and put everything in a food processor).

4.  Spoon egg mixture into the well of each "white."  You could also use a pastry bag with a fun tip to fill the eggs.

5.  Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.

TIP:  Stay tuned for my next post where I show you how to boil the eggs so that the yolks don't turn green on the outside. Ewww...



No comments:

Post a Comment