Thursday, June 18, 2015

White Texas Sheet Cake




White Texas Sheet Cake.  Hmmmm.  For a southern girl who has only had the chocolate version, this seemed a bit unnatural, but I was game, so I tried the recipe for my daughter's 27th birthday.  Oh. My. Goodness. Gracious.  It was so good, and we were all snatching little pieces of it the rest of the evening.  I had to give half to my daughter to take home because I knew I would not be able to stay away from it.  Enjoy this.  And definitely use the coarse sugar sprinkles.


Ingredients:
1 c. butter
1 c. water
2 c. flour
2 c. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c. sour cream
1 T. almond extract
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt


FROSTING: (Mix well in large bowl. Frost cooled cake.)

1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. milk
4 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 t. almond extract


1.  Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.


2.  In a saucepan, bring water and butter to boil and add to dry ingredients.

3.  Mix eggs and sour cream together in a small bowl and add to mix, along with almond extract.

4.  Pour into a jelly roll pan and bake at 375 degrees F. for 20 minutes.

5.  Cool and frost. Coarse sugar sprinkles are great on top.


SOURCE:  Shawni Pothier

No comments:

Post a Comment