Thursday, June 16, 2016

Tomato & Corn Salad




Isn't it fun to be creative with your leftovers?  Recently I served Slow Cooker Roast Beef, garden peas, sweet corn, and mashed potatoes for dinner when two of our missionaries from church joined us for supper.  Comfort food.  Real food.  Surprisingly, there were some leftovers of the vegetables so I used them for sides with my next meal which was a Thrive Express Meal of Fettuccine Alfredo.  (future post, so stay tuned).  I put the peas in with the Fettuccine.  That was yummy.  For the corn, I decided to combine that with some grape tomatoes that I needed to use up and added a few more things to dress it up.  So that is how we get this recipe.

Ingredients:

grape tomatoes, as many as you want
Mozarella cheese, shredded
Red Wine Vinegar
Salt to taste

Combine all ingredients except the salt, and toss.  Taste and then add salt as needed and toss again.
Serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment